Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Ginger Factory

Thanks to Susan & Simon for the suggestion about the Ginger Factory, thats where we went yesterday at Yandina. Interesting trip, and fascinating to see the processes used to make ginger products, with a good shop. Onwards and Upwards today off to Hervey Bay, weather better today sun shining - lots of flooding in the Brisbane area though, but it is helping the drought situation. Looks as though weather could be improving in the next few days, but as in the UK and France the weather forecasters never quite get it right!!!

We've booked an all day trip to Fraser Island tomorrow, so hopefully will be fine, not too hot though, and not too many Mosquitoes - they just love me (Sue!!) even though I spray repellant repeatedly - any hints or tips?

2 comments:

Linda said...

Apparently the more attractive the person the more the mozzies are attrated to you!!! Carry on biting I say.
I always spray perfume round my ankles and feet and it seems to help keep them away. Or the good old citronella.
Make sure you write a very informative blog on Fraser Island for Gill and Alan. Not long till they get there!!
Keep on blogging!!

Susan said...

Simon reckons the only really effective repellant is Aerogard roll-on. I'm not quite so happy to use stuff that will be absorbed by my skin into my nervous system, but if you are really suffering I think short term use is an acceptable compromise. Nothing worse than feeling miserable on holiday.

Speaking now with my entomologist's hat on, mosquitoes are attracted to a smelly chemical that is produced by Limburger cheese and pongy feet. I assume that if you wear another really overpowering smell, it will put them off.

Remember to look out for Bowen mangoes - they are the best.

Susan